Today I was nominated by Kayla over at Shoeaholic No More for a Liebster Award (thanks girl! xo)! As a requirement of this award I have to pick 5 more blogs to share with my readers. The Liebster Award is intended to get bloggers connected with one-another and to share our favorite blogs, so without further ado, here are 5 blogs that I check on a regular basis (…if not daily..).
1. Banishing Loans – A fellow anonymous blogger! B. is also stuck trying to figure out what it means to act like an “adult” while straightening out her finances. I love her posts about work and I think she sets really attainable goals for herself.
2. From Debt to Dreams – This guy has some really informative posts! He really spelled out the snowball/avalanche methods in a way that I can understand. It’s really nice to see debt payments from a guy’s point of view. It’s also interesting to see how a relationship can affect debt repayment…since I’m on the other side of the spectrum.
3. Change Can be a Good Thing – I went back and read every post she wrote! Blogging since 2007. I find it interesting to read her take on contributing toward retirement.
4. The Single Dollar – I’m loving reading about debt repayment from another single income winner. I find her posts really well written and always interesting. She seems to have mastered Mint.com which still baffles me.
5. Southern NB Belle – One of my close friends outside of the blogging world! Check out her blog for posts on cool make-up tutorials and baking! (P.S. she just bought a new house so I’m hoping for some DIY!)
As part of the award I have to answer 5 questions from Kayla:
1. Why did you start your blog?
– I started my blog one night sitting in my parents’ basement and feeling like I needed something to motivate me to get out! I knew it was going to take a lot of hard work (and still is) to get to the place I want to be. I’m still figuring out my debt-repayment journey but I’ve really enjoyed getting to know the lovely people who have formed my blogging community.
2. What is your favorite song and why?
-I have a million favorite songs but probably “Moon River”…I’m a huge Breakfast at Tiffany’s fan.
3. What is your life’s passion?
-Family. (and maybe chocolate)
4. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet and why?
– Nora Roberts, I was actually REALLY embarrassed when I started reading her books…then I got addicted. I feel like we would drink tea and be best friends.
5. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Short. Bookworm. Sarcastic.
I hope you all choose to participate as well! Just pick 5 deserving bloggers, answer my 5 questions and come up with 5 of your own for your nominees! You can add the Liebster image to your blog as well 🙂 .
Here are my 5 questions for you:
1. What is the best advice you’ve been given/read since starting your blog?
2. What is your favorite book? (I might just have to read it!)
3. What is the one food you can’t say no to?
4. Who has been your biggest supporter through your debt repayment (or blogging) journey and Why?
5. Do you keep your Cheese Whiz in the fridge or in the cupboard after you’ve opened it?
Thanks again Kayla! I’ll post again soon regarding my recent raise 🙂